Publications and Presentations
- Quitmeyer, Nitsche, Ansari. “Media in Performance – The Subway Project,” International Journal of Art and Technology (IJART). (2014).
- Quitmeyer. “Digital Naturalism: Interspecies Performative Tool-Making for Embodied Science,” UbiComp – Doctoral School Senior – Zurich. (2013).
- Quitmeyer, Instructables.com. “Tortoise Tracker.” In How to Do Absolutely Everything: Homegrown Projects from Real Do-It-Yourself Experts (p. 173). Skyhorse Publishing. (2013).
- Quitmeyer, Ansari, Nitsche. “Subway: Activist Performance through Mediation,” ArtsIT: Milan, Italy. (2013).
- Mazalek, Ali, Michael Nitsche, Sanjay Chandrasekharan, Tim Welsh, Paul Clifton, Andrew Quitmeyer, Firaz Peer, Friedrich Kirschner. “Recognizing Your Self in Virtual Avatars,” International Journal of Art and Technology (IJART). (2013).
- Andrew Quitmeyer, Michael Nitsche. “Mark Your Territory: Bridging Ownership between Real and Digital Spaces,” Interactive Media Arts Conference (2012)
- Andrew Quitmeyer, Michael Nitsche. “Documatic: Participatory, Mobile Shooting Assistant, Pre-Editor, and Groundwork for Semi-Automatic Filmmaking,” European Interactive Televsion Conference. (2012)
- Yang, Quitmeyer, Hrolenok, Nguyen, Balch, Medina, Sherer, Hybinette. “Ant Hunt: Towards a Validated Model of Live Ant Hunting Behavior,” Florida Artificial Intelligence Research Society. (2012)
- Quitmeyer, Balch. “Waggle Dance,” AAAI Video Competition (2011)
- Mazalek, Ali/ Nitsche, Michael/ Chandrasekharan, Sanjay/ Welsh, Tim/ Clifton, Paul/ Quitmeyer, Andrew/ Peer, Firaz/ Kirschner, Friedrich. “I’m in the Game: Embodied Puppet Interface Improves Avatar Control,” in: Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Tangible, Embedded and Embodied Interaction TEI 2011 (Jan 23-26 2011, Madeira, Portugal) New York: ACM, 2011, 129-136.
- Mazalek, Ali/ Nitsche,Michael/ Chandrasekharan,Sanjay/ Welsh, Tim/ Clifton,Paul/ Quitmeyer, Andrew/ Peer, Firaz/ Kirschner, Friedrich. “Recognizing Self in Puppet Controlled Virtual Avatars,” in: Fun and Games (Sept 15-16, Leuven, BEL) New York, ACM, 2010, 66-73.
- Quitmeyer. [Confidential Presentation]. Arse Elektronika. (2013). [If interested, inquire]
- Quitmeyer. “Digital Naturalism,” Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute: BAMBI Talk – Barro Colorado Island. (2013).
- Quitmeyer. “Cybernetic Superorganism,” Emory Visual Scholarship Initiative – Atlanta, GA. 2013.
- Quitmeyer. “Subway and Digital Naturalism,” Queen Mary University of London and the Royal College of Art [Invited Talks]. (2013).
- Quitmeyer, Nitsche, Ansari. “Subway.” Artaud Forum: Theatre and Resonant Politics, Brunel University. (2013).
- “Winter School on Anticipatory Governance of Emerging Technologies,” Center for Nanotechnology in Society – Arizona State University. (2013) [Invited Collaborator]
- Quitmeyer. “Digital Biocrafting,” Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute: Gamboa Talk – Gamboa Panama. (2012).
- Quitmeyer, Ansari, Nitsche. “Subway: Preview and Process,” Activist Technology Demo Day – Eyebeam. (2012)
- Quitmeyer. “Digital Biocrafting Workshops,” Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute – Gamboa Panama. (2013).
- Quitmeyer, Ansari, Nitsche. “Performing Subway,” International Symposium on Electronic Art - Sydney, Australia. (2013). [Self Financial Decline]
- Quitmeyer, Ansari, Nitsche, Kashani. “How to use the Subway Dance App” [secret workshop and discussion] – Atlanta, New York, Teheran. (2012).
- Quitmeyer, “Semi-Automatic Filmmaking with Mobile Devices,” MINA Mobile Creativity and Innovation Symposium. (2011).
- Quitmeyer, Fann. “Storytelling Studio Workshops – China,” Shenzhen, China. (2009).
- Quitmeyer, Aleman. “Rincon Del Relato,” Quito, Ecuador. (2008).
- Quitmeyer, Ebata. “Storytelling Studio Workshops,” University of Illinois – Urbana, Illinois. (2007).
- Transnational East Asian Film Summer Seminar, Indiana-Illinois University. 2007. [Invited Collaborator]